The last of the peeling green paint was hiding out in a small strip of wall between the garage and house roof lines. It was a little awkward to get to and I never really felt up for climbing around on the roof when no one would be around to call 911 if I took a dive. Wednesday and Thursday I scraped, then painted and primed the wall and soffit while my folks were around which upped the safety factor of sliding around on a roof slope with a bunch of painting supplies to juggle.
Bizarrely, the soffit edge had never been painted, even though all the rest of the house had (peeling) white painted soffits. When I brushed on the primer, I felt like I could see the wood actively sucking it in it was so dry.
While Dad went along the edge between the roofing and wall with a caulk gun, I pulled off the old storm door which has been driving me crazy for ages. When I went back to the roof, Dad, installed a new one with a lovely full light opening. I’ve been waiting to do that for way too long so it was cause for a lot of celebration!
Once that was accomplished, I was free to give the beat up front door a few coats of cheery orange paint to match my beloved modern mail box. Its not quite done – come spring we will pull the door from its hinges to adjust its fit in the frame and at that point we’ll be able to do a smoother paint job, but for the moment the update is pure joy. I’m delighted with the result every time I come up to the front of the house.