The basement isn’t quite finished but I made some great strides forward to prep for the final plumbing work down here. I also introduced myself to the Ikea kitchen system which gave me a few moments of confusion and then turned out to be even more straightforward and hackable than I’d hoped.
Here’s Roxie “helping” me assemble my first Ikea Sektion cabinet. She’s a little anxious because during most of the construction she wasn’t allowed to come past the bottom of the stairs. For this project, I asked her to stick to her dog bed.
Putting it together was a lot like assembling all the other Ikea flat pack I’ve handled in my days of apartment living. I had a bit more fun figuring out the wall-hanging process and cutting out spaces for the plumbing to come in and go out but in general it was easy as pie.
I am … perhaps too … optimistic about the kitchen when it comes up.
Plus, with the addition of a vanity and the re-install of the salvaged toilet and shower unit, I have a functioning downstairs bathroom. I’d love to proceed to making it pretty but other work calls.
I won’t finish down here for quite a while because the calendar just reminded me to switch gears to outside work. If I want to get to the patio and start the mudroom I need to work on that next. I’ll come back to finishing and pretifying the basement come the winter!