join the waitlist for
ready to remodel
An online course
(Let's kickstart your mid-century home update!)
Planning a remodel can be intimidating ...
But you don't have to do it alone!
Are you ready for a step-by-step formula to help you laser focus your remodel so that it will suit your needs and your budget? You could be 6 weeks away from a total mid-century ranch remodeling plan that will work for you!
(Enrollment re-opens fall 2021)
with this program,
you will :
- 1DREAM up your Ideal Home. You need to ask the right questions BEFORE you get the right answers. No amount of clever design solutions or curated pinterest boards will make a house truly your home unless you start with a clear idea of what you need to feel at home. We'll go through a week of easy and fun self-reflection exercises to really suss out what you (and your partner) want to get out a remodel so that you'll be planning in the right direction!
- 2DISCOVER what you need to know about the house you have right now. How well do you know your own home? This isn't something you can leave to the experts if you want to be the driver of your own remodel. We'll walk through a simple home assessment, learn how to "read" your inspection report for key issues, get a script you can use to call up your local building and zoning officials for further info. Plus I'll show you how you can search for fun facts about your home via local historical info, newspaper records, neighborhood associations and even chatting with your elderly neighbors!
- 3DISTILL your personal MCM style. Put all your instagram and Pinterest scrolling to work for you by using it to create a clear, cohesive plan for the style of your home. Make sure that the final result looks polished, intentional and creates the vibe you want. PLUS save the stress and hassle of a million (not exaggerating) choices of faucets, handles, flooring and colors by setting parameters that help you focus your options and make each choice once.
- 4DRAFT smart improvements for your home update. You don't need to re-invent the wheel here. There are 15 million other mid-century ranches out there across the country that share many of the same great features ... and areas that need updating ... as yours. We'll take a room-by-room tour of the typical ranch house so that you can make sure your'e covering all your bases with the best design thinking as your set your remodel priorities. Brainstorm, then clarify your options.
- 5DEVELOP a Master Plan for the project. Because a remodel is SUCH a complicated process, you need to have a roadmap to take you through from start to finish. Pulling together your entire bucket list into an organized plan with priorities, logically grouped projects and phases will help you budget, communicate, execute and love a great remodel this year or over the next decade.
Remember how I said you don't have to do this alone? Join a cohort of other enthusiastic MCM home remodelers who will be asking the same questions and solving the same problems you are! You'll go through the program together and stay on track as you work to match your mid-century homes to your own modern lives!
All your concerns ... addressed! You'll also get access to an architect expert in just this kind of project (that's ME) to coach you through some of the tough spots that inevitably some up in any home update planning process.
But above all else, this course will give you confidence that you're making the right decisions for your home ... for the right reasons ... at every step of the process!
ready to remodel, starts again IN 2021! Get the news here!
© 2021 Mid Mod Midwest